1. While on vacation, we went to a museum that showed how whale boning (which is actually baleen from a Baleen whale’s teeth) was used to provide the rigid structure in a corset. Between the front boning and the back lacing, a corset looked exactly like some old-fashioned, and quite often elegant, torture device for women.
2. I am so lucky to have been born long, long after corsets were commonly worn. This girl would not have done well laced into that contraption.
3. Car salesmen, no matter what city you are in, seem to share a lot in common.
4. When left with few options, lunch at Costco can be a tasty and popular choice.
5. Leaving doors open to your vacation rental on a warm afternoon is, apparently, an open invitation for wildlife to waltz right in.
6. Skylights in said vacation rental are the perfect place for uninvited birds to try to escape back outside.
7. Smart vacation rental owners leave ladders available for stupid renters who inadvertently let birds in the rental and have to retrieve them from 18-foot tall skylights.
8. Pie can be a great breakfast food.
9. The super-sized marshmallows burn just as fast as the regular sized marshmallows. Only the insides take longer to become molten under the charred outer crust.
10. I would not have made it as an adventurer with Lewis & Clark. Nope. Not at all.
She Who Is a Homebody