You’ve probably noticed I’ve not had many blog posts the last few weeks.
Starting today, I’m getting back on track.
Starting today, I’m beginning a new adventure.
Starting today, I’m writing not just a new chapter in my life story, but opening a new book.
Starting today, I no longer have the “safety net” of a full-time “day job” and am committing myself 100 percent to my writing.
I knew once I was bitten by the writing bug it was what I wanted to do full-time. I dreamed of the day when I could stop living my life in black and white and pursue the beautiful array of colors the life of my dreams presented.
Due to some circumstances I would not have predicted, I’m able to do that sooner than I planned.
I can’t even begin to tell you how excited this makes me.
I’m also excited because I discovered some things in the last few weeks.
• I have a backbone and using it will not kill me.
• I have a funny bone and using it is therapeutic.
• I have a breaking point on my tolerance for unacceptable behavior and drawing the line strengthens the backbone.
• Self-respect is a highly valuable commodity.
• Sometimes we need a nudge off the cliff to take a leap of faith.
• Faith is both empowering and reassuring.
• More people care about you than you’ll probably ever know.
• Some people will not do what is right.
• Always, always take the high road, because it gives you the ability to carry on with dignity and self-respect.
• True friends are there to lift you up and encourage you onward.
• My husband would walk through fire for me.
Yeah, I’m feeling very, very blessed today and grateful beyond my ability to put into words.
The past few years, I’ve had a quote taped to my desk at work:
I hope whatever it is you imagine, whatever it is you dream – you give yourself the opportunity to become.