Happy June 1st everyone!
With summer hopefully just around the corner, start planning now to have your best summer yet. Will you spend time with friends? Enjoy the great outdoors? Attend concerts or shop at a Farmer’s Market?
Here is a list of a few ideas of fun things to do this summer. If you have ideas to add, please post them in the comments!
1. Gather up a few friends and have a picnic in your backyard.
2. Go on a walk and take pictures of trees, flowers, animals, clouds, sunsets.
3. Watch the sun set then stay outside to gaze at the stars.
4. Give your house a summer beachy-feel with breezy curtains, white slipcovers and ocean blue accents.
5. Make ice cream.
6. Take one of your parents to lunch.
7. Bake cupcakes and deliver them to people who are extra special to you.
8. Play childhood games like “Sorry”, “Uno,” or “Clue.”
9. Make a root beer float.
10. E-mail a friend you haven’t spoken to in awhile.
11. Make popsicles in your freezer.
12. Stroll down memory lane by looking through old family scrapbooks, photo books, and yearbooks.
13. Eat last night’s leftovers for breakfast.
14. Go to the movies and make sure you eat some buttery popcorn.
15. Go window-shopping with a friend.
16. Write a poem, the sillier – the better.
17. Make fresh, homemade juice or lemonade. The scent of freshly squeezed lemons is magnificent.
18. Take a bubble bath.
19. Make dinner for a neighborhood family.
20. Baby-sit for a neighbor with the agreement that she will babysit for you in return.
21. Go for a spa day with a friend – or create your own at home.
22. Plan a vacation you want to take next summer.
23. Plant flowers in your yard.
24. Go for a drive in the mountains and breathe in that fresh pine-scented air.
25. Run around in the sprinklers.
26. Invite friends over and have a tea party in your yard.
27. Order a pizza – and get all the toppings you like.
28. Splash around in a plastic kiddy pool.
29. Swing on the swings at the park.
30. Write in a journal. Don’t know where to start? Stand outside and record everything you can see in front of you in descriptive detail.
She Who Needs to Get Busy on Her Own List!