• Warm sunshine on your shoulders.
• A gentle breeze on a hot afternoon.
• The first bite of a ripe summer peach, so sweet and delicious with juice running down your arm.
• The scent of a rose in bloom.
• The yeasty aroma of homemade bread, hot out of the oven and dripping with real butter.
• Decadent, rich dark chocolate.
• The moment when a familiar hand holds your own.
• Candy-sticky kisses from a child.
• The fragrance of heaven found only on top of a baby’s downy head.
• The sight of your house after a trip away.
• The sound of joyous laughter.
• A favorite song you’ve heard so many times, you know all the words and can sing along.
• The feel of green grass on bare feet.
• Crawling between cool, crisp sheets, fresh off the line.
• A gorgeous sunset that sets the sky aflame.
• Receiving a note from an old friend.
• Time spent doing nothing with somebody special.
• Waking up with a smile on your face and a song in your heart.
What makes you happy?
Each Monday I share my thoughts on happiness in my own personal Happiness Project for 2014. Feel free to post your thoughts or comments on happiness.