This week’s challenge is to list the opportunities that others have given you throughout your life.
I’ll hit some of the lightlights:
- My parents gave me the opportunity to grow up on farm where I learned all about hardwork, responsibility, basic survival skills, how to use your imagination, to be resourceful, and to enjoy the lighthearted, fun moments.
- The college dean who gave me the opportunity to take extra classes so I could finish my degree not only on time, but early.
- My auntie who gave me the opportunity to freely express my thoughts and nurtured a girl’s tender little heart.
- The accountant who hired me after my second year of college in spite of the fact I had no idea what I was doing and spent the majority of the summer I worked there with my foot in a boot cast. I needed the job and he was a patient boss.
- The company that allowed me to intern with them. I learned more in those four months than I’d ever imagined… not just about my chosen field of work, but about life, people, and myself.
- My first full-time after college job where my boss took the time to help me grow as a writer and encouraged me to keep learning.
- The job I had that gave me the opportunity to flex my creative muscles.
- The job I had that allowed me to learn the fine art of hospitality.
- Captain Cavedweller – who has given me the opportunity to know what it’s like to be loved completely, unconditionally, and unreservedly. He’s the one who said “take the leap” and made it possible for me to start writing full-time. He’s also the one who encouraged me to try writing my a romance novel in the first place. This guy – has given me opportunities to soar, to follow my heart, and make my dreams a reality.
I’m truly so, so grateful for all the many opportunities and blessings I’ve been given.
What’s one opportunity you’ve been given that makes you especially thankful?