This week’s list challenge:
List the things that get you out of your head.
We all have those days when we just can’t seem to get our focus headed in a positive direction. We second guess are decisions. We worry about our choices. We fret over outcomes. We can’t get that nagging, nasty voice in our head to shut up.
So here’s a list of things that help me get out of my head and move me into a place of happiness and / or peace.
- Captain Cavedweller – The man makes me laugh. So much. It’s hard to be tied in knots when you are laughing so hard your eyes are watering. He’s also fabulous at pep talks. Sometimes all we need is to hear someone we love or trust telling us “You’ve got this!”
- Reading – Sometimes, just escaping into a great story can change my perspective. Even thirty minutes of reading a book I love can completely turn things around.
- Get Crafty – I enjoy doing craft projects, but rarely make time for them. If I’m struggling to get my Negative Nelly voice to be quiet, I find working on a craft project relaxing.
- Get Cleaning – Sometimes even the most mundane activity, like dusting or folding laundry can help put things in perspective and draw me into a better frame of mind.
- Go Outside – There’s something about fresh air – deep, big lungfuls of it – that helps clear the mind.
- Get Moving – Go for a walk or spend 20 minutes exercising. Physical activity forces my brain to shift gears.
At the bottom of the list it says to plan an hour this week to do one or a few things that put your mind at peace. I think I can handle that.
How about you? Are there things that help you get out of your head and find peace?