During this month of love, please be sure you’re giving attention to giving yourself a little self-love.
It doesn’t have to be something grand, expensive, or take up a lot of time or effort. Even something simple can bring a smile to your face and warmth to your heart.
Feed your soul and you’ll find yourself better equipped to bring joy to others.
Ways to show yourself love:
- Listen to your favorite music
- Prepare your favorite dinner
- Unplug from technology for an hour
- Give yourself a manicure or pedicure
- Read a book you love (I know for a fact authors love it when their books are read more than once!)
- Read the Bible
- Go for a walk
- Take a nap
- Write in a journal
- Sing, dance, paint, draw (in my case, hot-glue) something that gives your creativity wings
- Write yourself a thank-you note
- Cuddle with a favorite pet or human