This time of year always makes me more mindful of counting my blessings and shifting my focus to see each day with more gratitude. I have so many reasons to be thankful, but I thought I’d share ten of them with you, in no particular order.
- Faith – it sustains me, lifts me up, and reassures me even when things seem rather bleak. If it wasn’t for faith, I would never have taken the leap to write, let alone quit my day job and write full-time.
- Joy – regardless of what’s going on around me, joy is there and I’m thankful for the joy that fills my heart and my life.
- Family – because they loved me first and love me still despite my many flaws.
- Farm life – I can’t think of a better way to grow up than on a farm where there’s an abundance of fresh air, sunshine, and places to let an imagination run free and wild. I’m so thankful my parents raised me on a farm and gave me rural roots that run deep.
- Readers – because I wouldn’t be able to get up every day and do something I love so much without my incredible readers. I am so grateful for them and to them for their continued readership, friendship, and encouragement!
- Laughter – is so good for our hearts and our minds. I’m grateful for the laughter that so often fills our home and my heart.
- Nature – I spend a lot of time working indoors in my office, but I’m so thankful to see the wonder and beauty of the world around me. There’s nothing quite like a brilliant blue sky overhead, grass glimmering with dew, and a day brimming with promise.
- Creativity – brings me so much happiness. Whether I’m writing, making something crafty, trying a new recipe, or taking photographs, it’s so fun to tap into the creativity I know is a precious gift from above.
- Health – being healthy (for the most part) is something I do not take for granted. I’m thankful that I can get up and move each day – to think and see, taste and smell, and create and enjoy.
- Captain Cavedweller – I know I’m sappy and sentimental and somewhat hopeless even if you don’t attach the romantic tag to that, but my husband is amazing, supportive, loving, generous, kind, and fun. He makes me laugh every day, fills my heart with happiness and our home with love. There aren’t enough words to express the depths to which I’m grateful for him and his presence in my life.
What about you? What are you thankful for today?