Did you know February is National Library Lover’s Month?
How fun is that?
I practically lived at our county library my first two years of college. I think I knew every librarian, every book category, every single section of the library.
Libraries are a fabulous resource, a wonderful place to escape, and a gift to the public that is often overlooked.
Libraries provide so much more than a place for us to enjoy great novels or to discover amazing adventures and untold history.
Among the many things they offer are:
- Educational entertainment for preschoolers.
- Meeting space for public forums, socials, fundraisers, and classes.
- Resources for researching family and community heritage.
- Lend media other than books, such as movies and music.
- Access to digital resources.
If you haven’t been in your public library for a while, go in and wander through neat rows of books, soak in the atmosphere, and read a good book.