If you’ve been on Facebook recently, you’ve probably seen (or participated) in the game of being asked to list a certain number of unknown things about yourself.
I’ve been tagged and tasked with writing nine things.
So I thought I’d share them here, too.
In no particular order, here are nine things most people don’t know about me:
1. I was born one week before my mom’s 39th birthday.
2. I wanted to be a race car driver when I grew up. Captain Cavedweller is convinced I’m still practicing, should the opportunity ever arise.
3. I wanted to have six kids when I grew up and the oldest boy was going to be named Garth Andrew.
4. I hate snakes. My policy is kill first and ask questions later. Weaponry used over the years has included shovels, an axe, rocks, a brick, and a ball peen hammer.
5. My mom decided I was allergic to chocolate so I wasn’t allowed to eat any from the time I was 11 until I met Captain Cavedweller. He decided to see if I really was allergic and bought me a candy bar. I didn’t die – or even break out in hives – and have spent the last twenty years making up for lost chocolate eating time.
6. The summer before I started eighth grade, I saw a Victorian table lamp I desperately wanted in the Sears catalog. I saved every penny I earned from trapping gophers and bought the lamp. I still have it and use it every day. It reminds me that if you really want something, you just have to work hard to get it.
7. Captain Cavedweller and I met on a blind date the day after Christmas.
8. I’ve been in a buffalo stampede and lived to tell the tale.
9. Three of my favorite fragrances in the world are: • Roses • Homemade bread baking in the oven • The sweet, powdery scent of a baby’s head