Since many people will have an abundance of pumpkin after Monday night’s festivities and since I just like pretty much all things pumpkin, here are a few recipes that you might enjoy!
And if that isn’t enough pumpkinfesting for you, try these ideas:
• Make a simple pumpkin soup by adding about four cups of chicken broth to a 28-0unce can of pumpkin. Stir in about 3 ounces of Feta cheese, season with salt and a pinch of nutmeg and enjoy.
• Use canned pumpkin as a thickener. Add it to any type of chili or stew that needs a little thickening.
• Substitute canned pumpkin for half the fat in quick breads. This works well with cinnamon, citrus and chocolate. Or make your tastebuds extra happy and make a loaf of pumpkin bread.
• Add canned pumpkin to half your cheesecake filling. Swirl it into the filling, but don’t mix, before baking to get an awesome design and incredible flavor.
• Mix canned pumpkin into softened ice cream then refreeze for a quick pumpkin dessert. Serve with gingersnaps and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
• Mix a heaping spoonful into grits, top with grated Parmesan cheese and a tiny dollop of butter.
• Mix canned pumpkin with one part apple cider and two parts ginger ale for a fun beverage.
You could also make pumpkin polenta, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin muffins, roasted pumpkin wedges, pumpkin roll or pumpkin seeds.